Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hye-In writes...


Hye-In greeting our Ubuntu team at the Comfort Women Rally
It has been a great opportunity during UBUNTU Korea as a staff at Scranton Women's Leadership Center. I had to take full responsibility of this program under my boss, Rev. Hea Sun Kim, although I was intern at that time. For me, this journey was different from other programs of our Center. Preparing some seminars in the past, I have met many young women and have prepared these programs for young women. But this amazing UBUNTU was a new challenge which kept me going to work hard during almost five months, nevertheless this program belongs to UMW. That's why it was very pleasured for me because I have never experienced UMW in the States before.  

          During 10 days of UBUNTU Korea, I could feel that God moves ahead of us, preparing the way we will take. God has already started with His great vision. However, there were some times when things did not go as planned during this blessed journey. At that time I looked back I believe that it changed for the better. It was these times my leadership skills were tested and I grew as a leader. I learned to be flexible and understanding with other people who were there in that situation.

          What I learned from all of UBUNTU members I met is warm-hearted from God. I now know why God placed me as a person in charge of this journey in Korea. Especially, I was so moved by each UBUTU sister's action and thoughts. They are preparing to serve God's work in every circumstance. What really comes to me was that 'How will you act justly, love mercy and walk humbly like them?' (This comes from Micah 6:8) God was asking me to think about this question from the beginning to the end of UBUNTU Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment