Saturday, October 13, 2012

Be Not Afraid

Randie Clawson prepares for a new journey for her life.
God’s mercy and grace are allowing me to go on this United Methodist Women Ubuntu Journey to Sierra Leone. This will be my first overseas trip. I am so thankful for the prayers of United Methodist Women asking God’s blessings on this trip. God’s light shining through the team members has already caused praise in my heart to God as we share our thoughts from our Bible book study and work together on the this trip’s projects. I had no idea of the amount of preparation that goes into taking this kind of journey. I am thanking God for Vickie as she oversees all the details. Praise God that we have the Internet, email and now this blog.
This year I became an Individual Volunteer in Missions (IVIM) with the General Board of Global Ministries. I did my cross-cultural training in June at the Wesley Center in Woodworth, LA. In April, I will be starting my first assignment as an IVIM.
This UMW Ubuntu Journey to Sierra Leone starts a new phase of my life. I am retiring from full time employment two days before leaving. The prayers of the team, my church family, friends and family are a needed comfort as I journey into the unknown. In faith, I hear Scripture’s most often repeated commandment, “Be Not Afraid.”
 
Randie Clawson 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Randie! I'm so proud of you for listening to God's call to not only join this Ubuntu Journey to Sierra Leone, but also to become an IV! I used to coordinate the IV program and I know what a great blessing that will be on your own life and those with whom you work. You're in my prayers!
    Jeanie Blankenbaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randie is struggling to get a comment posted. I have changed settings but maybe she needs google account. Who knows??? Fussy computers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanie,
    Thanks so much for your prayers! Your comments and words of encouragement are appreciated. I am praising God for all that is occurring in my life as we get ready for this journey.

    You are so right about the Individual Volunteer in Mission program being a blessing in my life. I have tears in my eyes as I reflect, just now, on all the ways so far and my first assignment is still five months away.

    Praise God with me!
    Randie

    ReplyDelete