Tuesday, October 30, 2012

She feels part of something big...

Carol joins the journey from Georgia to Sierra Leone
I am retired after thirty-one years as a teacher and school administrator. My husband Steeny and I have been married for thirty-five years. I have a daughter, a stepson and five grandchildren, ages 2 to 9. I serve as Coordinator for Education and Interpretation for the South Georgia Conference UMW. I live in the same rural area where I was born and where I grew up on a farm. I’ve been to church all my life, but being in UMW is what really made me a committed Christian. Though the church I attend is small, I am part of something big because it is a United Methodist Church and I belong to United Methodist Women. UMW has changed the focus of my life. I have been challenged to grow spiritually and to educate myself about important issues facing women and children. My aim now is to share the importance of United Methodist Women’s missions and to encourage more women to participate fully. That is why I am so excited to be going on this Ubuntu Journey. I plan to tell the story of our journey to everyone I possibly can so others will want to be involved with United Methodist Women in spreading the love of Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol,
    I remember when I called you way back in February to answer your questions about the Ubuntu Journeys. Now it's time for you to finally go and your excitement must be over flowing! You and the team will be in my prayers as you travel and I can't wait to hear your stories when you get back!

    Best,
    Jeanie Blankenbaker (former member of Pittman Park UMC in Statesboro, GA)

    ReplyDelete