Sunday, October 14, 2012

UMW, Rita and Mission are one in the same

Rita loves being part of UMW 
    Every Sunday my oldest sister and I have a telephone conversation.  She lives in my hometown and state Atlanta Georgia.  I shared with her Sunday that God truly had planned a life I had not envisioned.  In high school I entered a program where I received a certificate as a certified child care helper.   I worked for 640 hours as a requirement for certification. My goal before I entered first grade was to become a teacher.  With the support of my home economics teacher I entered college and four years later I received a BS degree in Vocational Home Economics.  As home economists our purpose is to work toward the improvement of life for individuals and families.  I had little knowledge that that purpose in some form would be a part of my life’s work. Later I became a United Methodist Woman and have continued to educate others about how we as United Methodist Women can help make this world a better place for women, children and youth around the world.
Indiana has a relationship with school and healthcare facilities in Liberia and Sierra Leone through Operation Classroom.  I had no doubt. I had to travel to Sierra Leone.  I have been blessed to serve United Methodist Women in leadership roles on the local, conference, jurisdiction and general church levels.  When Michael and I married in 1990 I told him I thought it would be wonderful if we could become missionaries.  He wanted nothing to do with that.  Through the years he has without a doubt been my best friend, my companion, lover and biggest supporter.   Thanks Be To God

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rita,
    May God bless you on this Ubuntu Journey! You will be in my prayers.

    Jeanie Blankenbaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, I'm posting this comment to see if it works. This is a TEST. Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I changed some settings so maybe it will work better now.

    ReplyDelete